Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Event 2: The Getty

The next place I went to was The Getty. Unlike the Hammer Museum, I had actually heard of the Getty before, and heard that it was a very cool place. I was looking forward to going even though i was not sure what to expect. I expected it to be a regular museum with some nice paintings and some nice sculptures, but when I got there I was blown away. It was so much more than a regular museum. It was a beautiful center with both art and architecture. I had no idea that it would have so much to it. Most museums I have been to have been entirely indoors, so when I saw this amazing place in Malibu, I was in awe.
I was most attracted to this beautiful outdoor area in the middle of the villa. Naturally I am much more drawn to the outdoors than I am to the paintings inside, so this is where I spent a majority of my time. The architecture outside was truly jaw-dropping. The building reminded me of a European building, and all of the plants were perfectly trimmed. This reminded me of our lesson on nature, as it really reflected the art there is in nature. 
Although I spent most of my time outside, I did also go inside to admire some of the artwork. All of the sculptures were precise and extremely well done. The time and effort put into those sculptures clearly paid off. They were all extremely nice, and like the villa they reflected some of the European sculptures I have seen before. I really enjoyed my time at The Getty.

No comments:

Post a Comment